F-Secure Key Premium on Android phone, no sync code displayed

Hi,

any idea how to get my F-Secure Key Premium on Android phone to show a sync code? Now there is only a timer running down from one minute.

Thanks,

-raidix

Best Answer

• kiljanderkiljander Posts: 49
    Accepted Answer

Hello raidix,

I've just sent you a new voucher code. I hope it solves the problem. Apologies for the slow service!

Harri Kiljander

F-Secure

Comments

• BenBen Posts: 2,640 F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Raidix,

Could you confirm the version and type of F-Secure Key(Technology Preview or normal production) you have in use?

Where did you get it from?

Also could you give us more information on the conditions in which the problem occurs? What is the Android device?

• raidixraidix Posts: 7
    Version 2.0.16 from Google Play Store, got the premium key voucher from some campaign by F-Secure. Device in use: Samsung Galaxy S 4 mini running Cyanogenmod M11 (Android version 4.4.4). Cyanogenmod's privacy guard is disabled for F-Secure Key.

I would like to connect the Key on my Windows 8.1 laptop to this one installed on my mobile.
  • jrasijrasi Posts: 4
    I have same issue. Just downloaded latest F-Secure Key and my phone is Samsung Galaxy 4, running also Cyanogenmod M11.

Hello? any help?

I'd like to get some support to this problem or refund.
  • Sorry for the bad experience with the premium upgrade. We've witnessed this behavior a couple of times in our testing. Sometimes the Android KEY app cannot get enough resources from the Android operating system and hangs in the middle of this screen. Our Android developers are working on a fix. Meanwhile, sometimes it helps if you exit the app (not just hide it) and re-start it, or you may want to restart your phone and try again. If this does not help, please let us know!

Thanks,

Harri

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I tried forced closing of FS Key and also rebooting the device, but neither did help Smiley Sad

-raidix
    Killed app and rebooted phone, still no code...
  • While we are working on the fix to the Android app, you may want to try this workaround. We've just silently released the new Windows and Mac version of KEY and you can install it via www.f-secure.com/key. Please install the Windows or Mac version, enter the voucher code in that app and then generate the sync code. You should then be able to enter the sync code in the Android app and the apps should start to sync. If the Windows/Mac app tells you that the premium voucher code has already been used and you cannot use it any more, please send me a message explaining the situation and we'll get you a new code. Sorry for the hassle!

Harri

hey kiljander, I sent you a private message since I have the used voucher code -problem.
  • Still waiting for reactivation of my voucher.
  • nevermind, I'll return to using notes under my keyboard, goodbye.

Ok, I haven't got any voucher code, but I managed to get my phone to show sync code...

Now my Mac client tell's that "Your subscription has expired and your devices are no longer synchronized. To synchronize your devices, buy a new subscription."

Thank god I am not using PC anymore, because if your antivirus softwares are as **bleep**ty as this piece of dog crap...

Now I'd like to have refund OR get this **bleep**load of **bleep** to work.

• Hello jrasi,

I've just sent you a new voucher code. I hope it solves the problem. Apologies for the slow service!

Harri Kiljander

F-Secure

This discussion has been closed.