Simultanous change of master password corrupted Iphone master password

Hi,

With latest Key version on Mac + IPhone (all updates installed). Premium subscription.

Result: not possible log in to Iphone Key application anymore. Corrupted password.

1. Changed master  on the mac client

2. Tried to use the new master password on IPhone, did not work - old one was still active

3. Changed the master password on Iphone. Succeeded (I guess this is where something broke in the sync process. The instructions in the mac app and in the iphone app are not quite consistent)

(Now I'm not sure how this exactly went, but something like this:)

4. Old password was still active on the mac client. Changed this again.

5. Tried to change the master password on Iphone. Does not accept old master password (the new or the old one). I was extra careful not to make any typos, but theoritically this is possible. Personally I would estimate that it would be very unlikely.

Then I reinstalled the app only to find out that it's not possible to restore purchases (app crash due to a known bug).

How should I proceed after the app gets an update? 

I know how an working application on my Mac which uses the new master password. I would like to get my data back to my iPhone without having to enter all data once again.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• NapissaNapissa Posts: 8
    Accepted Answer

I was able to recover from this after software upgrades.

All data was lost on my Iphone, but luckily I was able to utilize data from my Mac.

Comments

• ChrissyChrissy Posts: 439
    Hi Napissa!

Thanks for reporting this, and sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. Glad you got everything recovered!
This discussion has been closed.