F-Secure Keys are not syncing

I am a yearly subscription and I have 3 devices where I sync my F-Secure keys.  Just this morning (2014-10-01), I generated keys form my home device, which I checked 2 hours later at work but those keys were not synced.  Also, the mobile device does not have the synchronized keys either.  It seems things are completely un-synchronized at this point.

What do I need to do?  I restarted my app on my devices and restarted my phone, but didn't see any result.  I had a suspicsion that it has been going on for a while, but never had a chance to validate before.  Today, when I needed it the most, I found out that sync is not working.

I need a solution fast.  Thanks.

Best Answer

• kiljanderkiljander Posts: 49
    Accepted Answer

Thank you all for this feedback! It is highly valuable to us in the KEY development team.

We have today released a new Android version of KEY to Google Play and it should become available in all GP servers globally shortly. There's a number of improvents to the synchronization functionality and reliability. Please ensure you install this 2.1.2 version when available in your Android device. We have also pushed a new  iOS version 2.0.37 of KEY to the Apple iTunes approval process and it usually takes about two weeks for them to approve a new release. Please also ensure that you are using the latest Windows or Mac OS X version of KEY (2.0.129).

Thanks & please do keep the feedback and feature ideas coming!

Harri Kiljander

F-Secure

JuhaSiukonen

Comments

• I had the same issue a while ago. For me, generating a new sync code on the phone and entering it on the PC made the trick.

Not sure what cause my devices to loose sync either, but it could have been a master key change. Anyway, after re-entering those codes, passwords were synchronised again from all devices.

• That maybe a good solution, but my situation was -- I had to factory reset my phone, which means I had to connect the phone from my macbook.  So I thought I had to generate the key in macbook and then connect my phone with it.  Or, that's what I did.  Then, I connected my work machine from my phone.  At the end of the day, I see ... my home computer has keys that my phone didn't get, and now my work computer has some keys that neither my phone or home computer has.

I guess I am screwed basically.  I have to go through every single key on every single machine to see which ones I am missing and where.  What's the point in paying a subscription fee if the simple syncing can't be done?   Not sure.   At this point I am looking into other product.

• LuluHLuluH Posts: 1

I have had F-secure on my PC for some weeks

Now installed on my phone with premium paid for one year

I generate a key on the phone and then type it in on the PC

The PC says cannot contact server, but also says Synced    WTF

Nothing coming through on the Phone

• I have similar problem. Bought Premium from iPhone recently, passwds sync OK to Windows client, but not to Android. Passwds stored to Win & Android do sync to all clients, but iOS passwds only sync to Windows.

I've reinstalled iOS & Android clients, changed master passwd, paired Android to iOS again after syncing iOS with Win, but didn't get iOS made passwds back to Android client.

Nexus 7 (2012), Android 4.4.4 (not rooted) with all updates, Key 2.0.16

Win 7 SP1, 64 bit, Key 1.6.144

iPhone 5, iOS 8.0.2 (not jailbroken), Key 2.0.36

This discussion has been closed.