Installing Key

I need specific instructions on how and what order to install  PC and Android phone. What you mean that I have to buy Sync on my Androin before I can synchronized phone and pc (Google version or what?)? The problem is that when I press the button  Generate sync..code I get a proposal to buy Premiun version (which I bought). I can not get ahead of this by any means. Also I can´t find simple instructions to do what I need to do. Smiley Sad

Accepted Answer

Comments

• UkkoUkko Posts: 3,198 Superuser

Hello,

Maybe that topics from knowledge base can to help for you.

But it's can be already some kind of outdate:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-Key-KB/How-can-I-install-F-Secure-Key/ta-p/34763

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-Key-KB/How-can-I-install-F-Secure-Key/ta-p/35413

Common steps should be same with current situation.

Which situation you already have?!

Two devices - PC and Android phone? And on one of them.. you already get "premium"-feature about sync?

After that you should be able to do things about "Connect devices" -> "Enter Synchronization code", which you able to get from device, where you already have "available" feature about sync.

On that device you should be able to do next things about "Connect devices" -> "Generate Synchronization code", which you need to add for other device during "steps".

• MimuliMimuli Posts: 7
    I had two options. Both the PC and Android. Since I did not get relief for both of them combined. I downloaded the Android again. Thereafter, for PCs. Still do not get the synchronization code. Power up Sync gives only a select period one or 12 months but no code. ShouldPremium appear to somewhere, or download separately?. What should I download Sync Android before I can sync my Android? What this means? F-Secure Key is new to me, and the instructions are incomplete (in my opinion). Thanks for answering. :)
    By the way, can you quide me in finish?
    Thanks! That helped. I thought that it I hav to buy once premium key so it will be enough - but not. Now I try feeling lucky iPad. Smiley Very Happy
    Ukko
  • UkkoUkko Posts: 3,198 Superuser

So, good.. if that helped.

About your reply - it's should be enough with "One... any... device for power-up Sync-premium-feature";

That device will be "main".

And other devices... will be... some kind of "connected" for main.

It's mean... "main device" already will be with "Generate sync-Code" (under "Connect devices");

And other devices (which you want to "sync" between) require... action about "Enter sync-Code" (under "Connect devices");

From UI on first step after installation or.. if you already create account here.

Devices should be with one-master-password... and if your any device already with installation... it will be with "re-change" to new one master password from "main device". :) Maybe something like that.

This discussion has been closed.