PSB remote installer tool cannot see domain
Long-time standalone F-Secure user, but new to Active Directory, GPOs and the like, and I’m running into a problem seeing the workstations in order to push a new PSB install.
Recently we moved our network from a workgroup to one domain “ad.ourdomain.org” under one Windows Server 2008 R2 controller; very simple setup. All clients were running FSCS in standalone mode. We just upgraded to PSB 10 and thus far I have:
1) Created two profiles in the Protection Service admin console
2) Installed PSB for Servers successfully
3) Installed PSB for Workstations successfully on my laptop
4) PS console can see both computers and profiles are active
5) Downloaded the uninstaller tool, PSB for Workstations exe, and the remote installer tool
6) Uninstalled standalone FSCS from all Windows 7 machines using the FS uninstaller and rebooted
7) Attempts to push PSB exe out to my workstations with the RIT are failing
The problem I’m having is the RIT cannot see my domain – ad.mydomain.org. I tried running the RIT from my laptop as well as from the console of the Windows 2008 AD server. Same result both times – cannot see our domain. I attempted to manually type machine paths in and of course I ultimately get an error that the network path cannot be found – code 53. I am logged on to the domain with admin rights when I run the RIT. I have no other domain-browsing issues, just with the PSB installer.
Here is the bat file: start jre\bin\javaw -client -Dsun.awt.keepWorkingSetOnMinimize=true -cp "lib\*" com.fsecure.ritool.RITool %*
Could this be Sonicwall issue? In both attempts (from my laptop and the VMWare console) I am hopping over a wireless bridge. I have not yet had the chance to connect from a machine in the same physical network as the workstations – could that be the problem? I just want to eliminate anything more obvious that I might be missing first.