fsgk32 eating CPU
I have a server that's running IBM UniVerse for its backend and I'm expieriencing high CPU ultisation from the fsgk32.exe module.
Killing this process, restores the server back to nomal.
I've put exclusions in for F-S to ignore those folders where the data is being stored but still noghting has changed.
The users also use a web frontend to access the system which is also hosted on this box.
You are likely experiencing the problem that we are already preparing the fix for. The fix should be published to automatic update channel soon, but if you can't wait, please contact the technical support and they provide you with the hotfix package.5 Like
I have also seen this problem, and I hope the update will be sooner than we expect.
F-Secure Anti-Virus for Windows Servers 9.00 build 333
F-Secure Anti-Virus 9.20 build 16040
F-Secure Automatic Update Agent 8.25 build 4196
F-Secure User Interface 9.20 build 6803
F-Secure Management Agent 8.20 build 40065
F-Secure Online Help build
F-Secure Customization CS/1.30.01
Hopes this helps.
So far we have received sporadic reports about high CPU consumption from customers using FSAV for Windows Servers version 9.0. Currently all available information seems to indicate that the issue affects mostly customers where multiple file exclusions are defined and the relevant excluded files are accessed frequently by 3rd party software or the underlying operating system itself. We will verify whether the problem manifests in Server Security 9.20 or not. In any case, the fix will be delivered via update channel and I'll post update to this discussion when the update is out.1 1Like
To get the fix, please contact the tech.support: http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/support/contact/request
I am pleased to report that upgrading the server which was running v9 to 9.2 seems to have resolved the issue as that process is no longer running high.
I may try removing those exclusions to see whether that's still an issue as Dmitriy is quite correct in my case, as on our server, we did indeed have multiple exclusions on certain folders as this was recommnded by the 3rd-party software supplier that we use for that particular system.
From what I can see, the FSFix is only for v9 as it's still to be confirmed if this is an issue in v9.2 but as I stated above, so far the upgrade to v9.2 on our server seems to have resolved the problem, even with those exclusions.