Did F-Secure 11.60 stop getting virus definition updates?
Just want to make sure if I either got hacked or the support ended totally.
Architect1945 Posts: 3 New Member
The support ended years ago, but the virus definition updates did just now?
-Thank you0 Like
Jamesch Posts: 357 Moderator
Please be advised we have a new Business Community now - https://community.withsecure.com/
Regarding your question, yes that is correct.
All Business Security products using the Legacy Scanning Platform for Windows have now reached End-of-Life (EOL).
As a consequence of the End-of-Life, we will soon stop delivering database and engine updates for these products. All the affected products below will stop receiving updates starting 1st of June 2022.
This change has no effect on supported versions of these products.
• WithSecure Client Security version 12.x and older
• WithSecure Client Security Premium version 12.x and older
• WithSecure Server Security version 12.x and older
• WithSecure Server Security Premium version 12.x and older
• WithSecure Email and Server Security version 12.x and older
• WithSecure Email and Server Security Premium version 12.x and older
All updates will stop for these legacy products, including any distribution via Backweb (fsbwserver.f-secure-com), GUTS2, and fsdbupdate.
While this will not disable the products function, the protection level will drop drastically very fast, and warnings start appearing in the portal and the products. Some of the old active clients have been End-of-Life already since 2012.
Linux products are unaffected.2 2Like