KEY Free version and ID Protection

cageyrcageyr Posts: 2 New Member

I am a happy user of the free version of F-Secure KEY (I have no need for the syncing offered by the paid-for version.)

The app is now encouraging me to move to ID Protection and suggesting that F-Secure Key will be withdrawn. What, if any, options are there for me to keep using a free, basic password manager? Will my free version of KEY stop working at some point?

Answers

• LucaseuropaLucaseuropa Posts: 234 Moderator

Hey @cageyr !

The support for KEY will end August 31, 2021, and after that date the product will stop receiving important updates and fixes. We encourage you to move to ID PROTECTION and take full advantage of the new features for identity theft prevention.

A free KEY client will generate a sync code allowing you to transfer all of your password to ID Protection and sync until August 31, 2021, after which free sync becomes disabled in the client.

Cheers,

Lucas

JaimsUkko
  • Mike1977Mike1977 Posts: 2 New Member

I do not agree with this change. 100% against it. I am perfectly capable of monitoring my identity on my own terms with my own methods. The prevalence of malicious actors gaining access to websites only strengthens my resolve; the most recent being the Colonial Pipeline Ransomware attack. F-Secure does not need access to my personal information.

• LucaseuropaLucaseuropa Posts: 234 Moderator

Hey @Mike1977,

That's perfectly understandable. You actually do not need to use that feature if you don't like it - with F-Secure ID PROTECTION's Monitoring, you can add your email addresses for monitoring and receive guidance on what to do if your personal information has been leaked in a data breach.

The notification email includes information on what personally identifiable information (PII) has been associated with the breach; what the breach was; what company or entity was breached; when the breach took place; and what other pieces of PII has been associated with the monitored email address, such as passwords, credit card numbers, street address, and so on.

However, it's okay to use ID Protection as your old, trustworthy password manager:

Also, you can upgrade from KEY to ID Protection for free:

Hope that the above was helpful 🙂!

Cheers,

Lucas

JaimsUkko