Key vs ID Protection

marihmarih Posts: 4

Hello,

I tried googling and looking at your forums, but did not find answers, so maybe this will help. I've been hearing ads on the radio about F-Secure ID protection. I have a paid subscription to F-Secure Key which I use for all my passwords. Some questions:

1) What is the difference between Key and ID Protection? Is the latter just a newer product with more features?

2) Is it going to replace Key?

3) How would I go about switching to ID Protection subscription-wise?

4) How about password transfer-wise? I found some instructions for transferring on desktop, but I only have key on my iPhone. I don't think my 2008 Macbook is supported anymore. At least it doesn't have the latest OS updates. Yes, I have been paying the subscription even though I only use it on one device, because I like the product.

5) If I do manage to switch, can the subscription be shared to my kids using iOS App Store's family sharing? Or is there a free version for one device like Key has? They don't have any password manager yet, but it's about time they get one.

Answers

• LucaseuropaLucaseuropa Posts: 150 Moderator

Hello @marih !

Thank you very much for your post and for your interest in our products.

I will try to briefly answer all of your questions.

1) What is the difference between Key and ID Protection? Is the latter just a newer product with more features?

2) Is it going to replace Key?

ID PROTECTION has now replaced KEY in My F-Secure as part of our new offering to prevent identity theft. ID PROTECTION offers not only a password manager, but also email monitoring to keep track of data breaches and other cyber-security incidents that may affect your passwords and personal data.

With F-Secure TOTAL, the number of ID PROTECTION licenses and monitored items is determined by your TOTAL subscription. For example, if you have a 5-device subscription, you can have ID PROTECTION on five devices with up to 10 email addresses monitored.

As with your other TOTAL apps, you install ID PROTECTION on mobile and desktop devices through My F-Secure with your account credentials.

If you already have F-Secure KEY in use on a device, your passwords in KEY can be transferred to ID PROTECTION.

3) How would I go about switching to ID Protection subscription-wise?

You can sign up first for a free 5-day trial from the F-Secure website and try out ID PROTECTION on 5 devices.

Once the trial ends, you can then make the choice to continue with ID PROTECTION either by purchasing from our website or through the app.

The free trial applies both to mobile, as well as desktop devices; however, if you already have a KEY subscription, we advise to take the ID PROTECTION trial on a mobile device. This way it is easy to transfer your data in KEY should you choose to stay with ID PROTECTION after the trial.

Signing up for a trial also means that you need to create a My F-Secure account, if you do not already have one.

If you wish to find out more about this program, I highly encourage you to visit our F-Secure ID Protection Help Page 😉

Cheers,

Lucas

Jaims