Feedback for new "Unprotected devices" feature
we are just rolling out a new "Unprotected devices" feature for piloting in all EMEA portals. This feature allows you to scan your Active directory domains for devices that do not have any PSB product installed and might be unprotected. It works by using existing PSB clients with Windows Computer or Server Protection installed. Client needs to be version 20.5 or newer. Currently the feature is only meant to give you a report of unprotected devices without any possibility to install protection from it.
Currently the feature is in piloting as we are especially interested in feedback on the scan results. Is the scan really able to find out all the devices in your Active directory domains? Also let us know how to improve the data it currently collects and what are the next steps you would want to do with the data? You can either give the feedback as replies to here, via the portal feedback page or even using a support ticket in case feature could not find correct results for the scan.
We already know following missing features / improvements on the feature. Please mention these too if you wish them to be implemented next:
- No CSV export
- No sorting based on columns
- More fields to report like operating system, last user, last login time
- Can load thousands of devices on the page making your browser really slow or even crashes it.
- Top navigation jumps on this page compared to other devices pages
- No possibility to install protection from the results. As the feature currently is build so that you don't need to enter any Active directory credentials, this is actually something lot bigger to build if it is really wanted as the security aspects of the feature change majorly. So this is not likely to happen very quickly.
For now the feature is only enabled in EMEA portals, but it will be released to AMER and APAC portals once we sort out few remaining technical issues with them.