Key opens only a grey box in Chrome

Hello,

I frequently get only a grey empty box when clicking on the Key icon as I try to log in on different sites. I use Chrome (latest version) and Win 10.

This is quite annoying and it seems as the problem is increasing over time (more and more grey boxes).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Answers

• SethuSethu Posts: 636 Moderator
    edited June 19

Hi @Lingvafix

If you see grey KEY extension, please kindly disable and enable the two options Minimize ID protection and Start ID protection through F-Secure KEY app. For that, you will need to open F-Secure KEY> Settings> General, where you can have two options under Startup and Exit Behavior

If issue remain, you will also try re-install the auto-fill extension to see if that solve the issue.

However, we have recently introduced the F-Secure ID protection that replaced the F-Secure KEY app. You can find more details here and here.

• JOnesJOnes Posts: 261 Active Engager

Is there a known "root cause" for this behaviour(id-protection+chrome,ff+randomly missing automatic filling failure in browser ).At least the name of the chrome extension after id-protection update(F-Secure Key password manager) is slightly confusing.The presented workaround for this issue is somewhat "old fashioned".(uninstall/reinstall,disable/enable)..

• LingvafixLingvafix Posts: 3
    edited June 17

Hi, I did all of the mentioned disabling/enabling/re-installing but none of them helped. As @JOnes states this error occurs randomly. Any more suggestions?

By the way there were no links (if meant to be) to finding more details about F-Secure ID protection.