Workstation Security and Server Security have reached their end of life
Workstation Security has reached end of life in March 2019 and replaced by Computer Protection. Server Security has reached end of life in February 2020 and replaced by Server Protection.
At the end of the third quarter of 2020, our old back-end services that support the Workstation Security and Server Security products will be shut down. This means that all the devices with the end-of-life products will stop communicating with the PSB portal, but will continue to receive anti-malware updates until January 18, 2021.
The following products are reaching their end of life:
- Workstation Security for Windows v12.01 and older
- Workstation Security for Mac build 15966 and older
- Server Security for Windows v12.10 and older
- Linux Security v11.10 and older
To make sure all active devices are protected, either remove the unnecessary devices or upgrade the remaining devices following the instructions below. The notification on the Home page will disappear once there are no devices with Workstation Security and Server Security left.
On June 2, 2020, the following action will take place:
- Server Security for Windows and Linux Security cannot be installed on new devices any more.
- Workstation Security for Windows and Mac cannot be installed on new devices any more (this was blocked already on January 29, 2020).
Note: The existing Workstation and Server Security installations will remain unaffected and will receive database updates until January 18, 2021
Then on September 1, 2020 the following action will take place:
- All existing Workstation and Server Security products will stop sending upstream status information to the PSB portal. These devices will keep receiving virus definition updates, but will no longer show the correct status in the PSB portal. These devices will turn to offline status with in next two weeks.
Then on September 29, 2020 the following action will take place:
- All existing Workstation and Server Security products will be removed from PSB portal and moved to communicate against different backend. These devices will still keep on receiving virus definition updates, but they are not visible in PSB portal anymore and also F-Secure cannot reach these devices anymore.
Then on January 18, 2021 the following action will take place:
- All Workstation Security for Windows and Mac, Server Security for Windows and Linux Security will expire and F-Secure shuts down the back-end services. These devices will not receive any virus definition updates nor will they protect the devices from this point on.
How to channel upgrade the Server Security for Windows?
- Go to Subscriptions page and click the "..." button for any Server Protection subscription (also supports Server Protection Premium and Server Protection Premium and RDR). Select the "Enable channel upgrade" action. This will immediately enable the upgrade for all servers installed with this subscription.
- They will do the upgrade automatically within next 1 hour. If you want to speed this up, just assign the "Send full status update" operation to devices that you want to upgrade immediately or press the "Check for updates" button on the device itself.
If you want to cancel the channel upgrade, just select "Disable channel upgrade" for the subscription.
Instructions for profile migrations of Server Security profiles and videos on how to do this is available at F-Secure Community (English only)