iOS and MacOS Key Premium not syncing

I have browsed all the topics here. None seem to offer true fixes to this ever-reappearing problem. For some reason, the MacOS always prompts that my sync code is incorrect. No matter how many restarts I do or wait for new numbers, the problem is the same.

If no fix comes through here, I will switch to a competitor.

Comments

• SethuSethu Posts: 657 Moderator

Hello @Mash82FI 

By searching your email address in our internal system, I found your recent renewal order for F-Secure KEY premium. You need to enter the premium voucher code into F-Secure KEY (Menu> Help > Enter Premium Voucher) in order to sync your data between devices.

If you have already activated the voucher code, but the sync issue still remain on your Mac OS, please remove the F-Secure KEY product from your Mac:

Open the command prompt:
    Open the Applications folder.
    Open the Utilities folder.
    Double-click Terminal.

Use the command line to run the following commands:

rm -r "/Applications/F-Secure KEY.app" (This removes the application.)
    rm -r ~/Library/Application\ Support/F-Secure/Pwmgr (This removes the local storage.)

Download the F-Secure Key app from here and install it to see if sync issue solve.

DawidFS
  • Oh this is the third time I need to do this. Do you think you could patch your software that it would actually work?

• Tried to. It prompted a download of a new version. I downloaded and installed the update. It still gives me the same error prompt. So the problem persists.

Hello @Mash82FI 

If you are experiencing  the same issue on your Mac machine, have you tried to activate the renewal voucher code on your iOS devices?

Just to clarify, would you please share the screen shot of error message ( mask the subscription code) here and current version of F-Secure KEY running on your both devices of iOS and Mac OS.

• I have tried to voucher renewal on both ends around 25 times with no success.

• MacOS Version 4.9.241
    iOS Version 4.9.5

Hello @Mash82FI 

Based on your screen shot, you are trying to activate the voucher code through Connect device page is not correct way. At present, due to iOS restrictions, the premium code cannot be entered directly on an iOS device. To be able to take F-Secure KEY Premium into use on iOS devices, you first need to enter the premium code on another device running either on Mac OSX, Windows or Android, and then sync will start automatically with your iOS devices. To do so:

1. Open F-Secure KEY. Go to Menu, select Subscription
    2. Click Have a voucher?
    3. Enter your 12 digit voucher code.

That code will send you once again in private message.

DawidFS
  • It is not working. And the subscription shows different ending times for me. The same error continues.

Hello @Mash82FI 

I will now escalate this case to our support team for further assistance. They will then liaise the issue with you directly.

This discussion has been closed.