How to Set up & Use the home app on Apple Devices: A Complete Guide
The Home app on your Apple device helps in doing several tasks on your fingertips.. From turning on lights to adjusting the thermostat, you can finish up innumerable tasks with the help of the Home app on your Apple device. Besides this, several Apple users do not know how to set up and use it. If it’s the scenario with you too, then you can go through the detailed methods I have mentioned in this article to set up and use the Home app on your Apple device.
Here’s how to get started with the process
To get started with the setting up and using the Home app on your Apple device, follow the steps listed below:
- At first, update your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to its latest version.
- If you are a Mac user, update your Mac to its latest version of macOS to use the Home app.
- You have to check if you have one or more than one product that supports AirPlay 2 or Homekit.
- Look for labels like Works with Apple Homekit or Works with Apple AirPlay on the products on their packaging or online.
- Next, you have to sign-in into your iCloud with your Apple ID on every single device.
- After that, enable the iCloud and Home inside iCloud settings.
Here’s how to add and set up accessories in the Home app
After updating your Apple devices to their latest versions and signing-in into your iCloud with your Apple ID. It’s time to add up some accessories to the Home app. Unfortunately, you cannot add any accessories to Mac. Before you get started with setting up accessories to the Home app, have a look at the tips below:
- At first, check if it’s powered nearby or not.
- After that, make sure if an accessory’s manual does not need any other hardware to work properly with the HomeKit.
After checking everything in its place, go through the steps listed below:
- At first, tap on Add accessory or the + icon after opening up the Home app.
- Now, scan that eight-digit QR code on that accessory with your iOS device camera.
- Point your camera to the icon to scan and add the accessory if you are an iPhone 7 or older model user.
- Tap on your accessory once it appears and then Tap on Allow option if it asks to ‘Add an accessory to network’.
- After that, choose a name for your accessory and choose a room for it to help you out in identifying it in the Home app.
- You can also use this accessory with Control it With Siri.
- At last, tap on the Next button and then on Done to complete the procedure of setting up the new accessory in the HomeKit.
View My Project - mcafee.com/activate