How to configure HTTP proxy for PSB Computer Protection Software Updater?
We want to use the proxy only for Software Updater (PSB). What are the steps to do so?
Settings below don't seem to work
EDIT: Title to match inquiry
You are in the correct area to configure it. Are you wanting to use your own proxy ?
You will be able to configure the HTTP proxy for Software Updater in F-Secure PSB Computer Protection profiles.
- Log in to F-Secure PSB portal
- Click Profiles
- Under Computer Protection for Windows, select your Profile name
- Select Software updater
- Scroll down to Communication
- From the Use HTTP Proxy drop-down menu, select Remotely managed
- Enter you proxy address in Remotely managed proxy address. Use the following format to define the address:
http://[user[: password]@]host: port, for example:
NOTE: User name and password are optional
- Click Save and Publish
for the F-Secure proxy that supports Software Updater, you will need version 14.30 and I am under impression that it is not yet out. We're working on ensuring we get that version out and available if it is still missing.
Also, wanted to appreciate you pointing out the documentation around this in portal, will look into improving the help texts to make it clearer next time someone looks.
Maaret from R&D1 1Like