Fingerprint Unlock Failure

For some reason my F-secure app will no longer unlock using my fingerprint. Each time I try to log in using this method, I get a message saying 'fingerprint init failed'. The fingerprint sensor on my device works as normal otherwise. Can anyone help with this please?

Comments

• SethuSethu Posts: 618 Moderator

Hello @JohnF9331 

Please ensure the feature " Use fingerprint to unlock next time" for android  and" Use Touch ID to log in" for iOS has already enabled in your F-secure KEY app.  If you have already enabled but the issue still reproduce, you can try uninstalling and re-installing F-Secure KEY to see if that solve the issue.

• JohnF9331JohnF9331 Posts: 4

Hi, thanks for your response. It is android that I'm using but although I've ensured the use fingerprint next time box is check and I've tried uninstall/re-install, I still get the same message. Any other suggestions? The app version I'm using is 4.9.1. The fingerprint unlock feature did work previously but not now. My current subscription is valid until 27 Oct 19 so I need to sort this before renewing.

Thanks

Hello @JohnF9331 

May I know what brand and model of your phone? so I will check this with backend team.

It's a Samsung Galaxy S9+

I have not recieved any further response to my last post detailing my phone make and model. My issue still persists.

Hello @JohnF9331 

Sorry for the delayed response, it seems working when I did a quick check of latest version of F-Secure KEY on our test android device.  So I assuming that fingerprint does work with other apps but not working with F-secure KEY. If yes, I am afraid that while the fingerprint gestures may not directly affect the sensor and its response, it could possibly be causing an issue on your Galaxy S9 Plus phone. You may try disable it completely and see if your phone responds to your touch as it is supposed to.

Click here to see the steps how to disable the Fingerprint for S9+.  If you feel that your touch responds is good as normal, you can also try to delete the existing finger printer and set up once again manually.

And you can now clear app cache and data for F-secure KEY app to see if that helps to solve the issue.

If the issue still remain, we would recommend to get in touch with our F-Secure Support to investigate further.

This discussion has been closed.