Key keeps popping up all the time

Hi all,

Suddenly my F-Secure key started to pop up all the time to screen.

I mean if I minize it it automatically pops back up.

It does this between 5-10 seconds and get top of everything. So I need to keep it shutdown.

I have tried to uninall and reinstall it but keeps same behavior.

I use Win 10 computer.

-Jesse

Comments

• SethuSethu Posts: 634 Moderator

Hello @Tela

I understand your concern and will provide you some troubleshoot steps to resolve the issue.

May I know the current version of your F-secure KEY  running on your machine? and I would suggests you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1.  Ensure that your Windows is up to date with the latest bug fixes and security patches.

2. Open F-secure KEY program, click settings on left side, Under General tab> Startup and Exit Behaviour,  uncheck Start KEY when system starts. You may also do the same,  Right click on start button and start task manager. Select startup tab. Look for and select 'F-Secure key' in the resulting list. Click 'disable'.

3.  The best practice we advise our cusotmer to close the F-secure KEY through system tray before restart/shutdown. To do, right click on F-secure key icon system tray( buttom righ corner) > click Quit. 

Also, please try perform Microsoft system file check tool SFC /scannow in a command prompt with admin rights. Sometime this can help you to find the system file corruption and replace it if any. 

• TelaTela Posts: 4

Thx for response.

1. yes sysem is updated

2. did not help to issue

3. okay... this do not really help to fix the issue

+bonus no issues found.

To be more clear... if I open key it starts to automatically pop up to middle of my sceen.

No matter if it is minimized, put to tray or have I unlocekd it or not.

It just keep to pop up back like between 1-5 seconds.

• SethuSethu Posts: 634 Moderator

Hello @Tela

Thank you for trying out the steps, we need to analyse the logs from affected machine. Please contact our F-secure support for further investigation.

This discussion has been closed.