passwords.

It is asking me for my first password but which password and what for.  Do I gie them my password for my email account?

Answers

• UkkoUkko Posts: 2,960

@benjam wrote:

It is asking me for my first password but which password and what for.  Do I gie them my password for my email account?

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

First of all, good to know:

-> is it your first time experience with F-Secure KEY? Or previously KEY was configured already?

-> what is your platform / OS - does it Windows, Mac, iOS, Android?

-> when such request (asking for your first password) is happened? after try go open application?

Sounds that your experience is about creating (or confirming) masterpassword:

It is used for encryption (as part of flow) and for further access to your stored passwords under your local installation:

If it is your first time -> need to choose Masterpassword and then to use it for further opening F-Secure KEY where all other passwords are stored (if you decided to add them).

"Masterpassword" is critical and good to choose strong enough phrase and then securely store it.

If it is not your first time (and "masterpassword" is chosen already) - need to type it for access to your F-Secure KEY entries.

Otherwise - maybe your experience is about try to active subscription (licence / F-Secure TOTAL, for example). If so - it can be your password to F-Secure account. But it is unlikely situation (based on your description).

Does some words were helpful for you? If not - possible to re-ask and maybe someone will help better!

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.