F-Secure Key Premium Voucher doesn't work

I have just purchased a premium voucher for F-Secure Ket, and when I enter it onto my Mac or windows machines the voucher is not accepted.

I get the following error message

"Validation Failed. Could not validate the voucher. This code has already been used or has expired"

Can you please tell me what is wrong and what needs to be done or send me a new voucher code.

Thanks,

John Bethell

Answers

• UkkoUkko Posts: 2,960

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

"Validation Failed. Could not validate the voucher. This code has already been used or has expired"
    Can you please tell me what is wrong and what needs to be done or send me a new voucher code.

Based on mistake-output: maybe voucher has been used already by someone (or has expired if it was part of certain promotion). Did you purchase(?) it from official F-Secure pages? If yes -> good to ask their official F-Secure Support Channels (chat as example):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

If it was third-party store or service -> good to ask their own platform's support (what if it was rogue activity and your purchased voucher was not valid from first).

OTHERWISE:

Good to doublecheck that your network connection is OK (no proxies or potential gateway firewalls).

F-Secure Knowledgebase article about important URLs:

In general, F-Secure Support (chat as example) should be with abilities to clarify status of Voucher for you (does it valid or invalid).

Thanks!

• Hi,

Yes, the voucher was bought through the f-secure website.

I got the email with the voucher key immediately and within a minute or 2 I tried to enter the voucher info into F-Secure key and got that error message.

• UkkoUkko Posts: 2,960

@johnbethell wrote:

Yes, the voucher was bought through the f-secure website.

I got the email with the voucher key immediately and within a minute or 2 I tried to enter the voucher info into F-Secure key and got that error message.

Hello,

So, maybe Voucher is too fresh. And need some minutes or hours before try to activate voucher (for example, if duration of subscription start from tomorrow; or some misconfiguration with time).

Also, good to try 'type' voucher (not as 'copy' and then add into F-Secure KEY) for avoid situations with copied 'invisible' characters.

Anyway - I think that only option to clarify status of voucher is their official Support Channels (or help by official Community Managers - but contact Support by chat may be more speedy).

chat is unavailable (on current minute - but it was available at time of first replies; good check time to time such page - what if chat is available with unexpected time).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.