PSB Portal user migration to shared F-Secure authentication service - login flow change happens earl
Migration goals and benefits
The goals of the portal user migration process are:
- Enable two factor authentication for PSB users
- Enable now the use of PSB and RDR portal with single credential
- Enable later use of multiple F-Secure services with single credentials (e.g. PSB Portal, RDS Portal, Partner Portal 2)
Migration will be run in 3 phases:
- Migration of data and identification of conflicting users: In this phase all user credentials are moved from PSB portal to shared F-Secure authentication service. During this phase, F-Secure has identified that less than 1% of accounts had conflicts.
- Informing: The administrators of partners and companies are clearly informed that certain users have conflicts by a red banner on PSB Home page (below).
Clicking on the banner leads to the Account page where all conflicting users are grouped under a new tab. By clicking on a user, a text inform to activate the new accounts that have been automatically created (below).
During this second phase, the login flow has not yet been modified.
- Activating the new login flow: The authentication is changed to happen against the shared F-Secure authentication service. The PSB login screen is modified to only request the user name.
The password is entered on the next login screen.
User with conflicts will be guided to take their new user name into use. If PSB detects that the username belonged to a conflicting user, it redirect to a page informing the user and automatically sending an email to activate the new account.
What should I do now?
There is just one thing that you need to do: please verify that your user account has a proper e-mail address configured into use. By having a valid email configured for your user, you will guarantee your access to PSB portals in all possible problem cases.
For more information about the "+tag" sub-addressing (for more information see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_address#Subaddressing). Emails will be sent to your email without a tag to maximize compatibility with mail servers.
- REST API integration will not work with users that have enabled 2FA.
What will change after first phase is done?
- Username and password will stay same for almost all users.
- There are some few hundred usernames that are duplicate in the European region due to F-Secure running multiple PSB portals. Our migration process will create a new user for every duplicate user automatically and inform about the new user with the email used by that user. You can take the new user into use immediately when receiving the email about it.
- When creating new users, you must provide both an unique username and email. If you need to have multiple users with same email, you can use the "+tag" sub-addressing (for more information see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_address#Subaddressing) by entering you second email in format [email protected] instead of the original [email protected] Emails will be sent to your email without a tag to maximize compatibility with mail servers.
What if I cannot login to PSB portal after login flow change is done?
There are following ways to get access back
- Try to reset your password. If you receive the reset password email, you can set a new password and continue the use.
- If someone else has working users for the same account, they can create you a new user.
- Contact the re-seller who you bought the service, so they can help you.
- F-Secure support can only help you in case your company information has a working email and phone number in F-Secure CRM system.