F-Secure Key Premium ver 4.9.28 - Repeated authorization of browser extension

Version 4.9.28 seems to have introduced a new problem or "feature". I use Key on two Win10 PC:s plus Android phone and tablet. After updating to 4.9.28 the browser extension seems to loose it's authorisation with the main program every time you change from desktop to laptop PC or vise versa. This doesn't affect the usage of Anroid apps. It's a smallish nuisance, and could also be an intended security measure, but I find it irritating none the less.

For clarification: every time I authorise browser extension on my laptop, the desktop PC looses it. And the other way around.

EDIT: Title

Comments

• LakshLaksh Posts: 4,432 Community Manager

Hi Tamago,

Could you try to open KEY simultaneously on both the Windows devices and try to authorize them? Do you see the same authorization code or different code on both the devices?

Could you elaborate more on the scenario in which you get this issue?

• TamagoTamago Posts: 9

The authorisation codes are different between the two Win10 computers. I re-authorised Key on the laptop while simultaneously running key on desktop PC. After authorisation, autofill on desktop stopped working, claiming that no such entry exist when trying to use autofill on any webpage.

I don't know if it's related, but on laptop I'm having an issue where Key starts twice on windows boot. I've tried uninstalling Key and reinstalling, uninstalling and using CCleaner to clean any possible entries Key might've created, tried to disable Key start on windows boot, and denied Key to boot on startup. As soon as I lift restrictions or enable start on boot again, or reinstall Key, it opens twice on windows boot. One instance stays minimized to taskbar, the other opens the log in page on boot.

This discussion has been closed.