on one of our developers notebooks where F-Secure is installed fshoster64.exe process is running on high RAM and CPU. It is causing problem with Android Studio. Building of source code takes a lot of time.
I have tried a lot of exclusions already but did not help. When I disable real time scanning on his notebooks Android Studio starts to work normally.
Can you please advise me how to identify what exactly is being scanned and how to create exclusion for it?
Thank you very much in advance!
You can find out what exactly is being scanned with the help of our debugging tool.
1. Download fsdbgtools_220.127.116.11.exe from ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/debugtools/
2. Install it on a problematic machine, run, and press the "Update debug files online" button.
3. After successful update of binaries, check the check box "GKH" and press "Apply changes".
4. Scan.log should appear in c:\ProgramData\F-Secure\Logs\FSAV\ folder.
5. When you complete your analysis, uncheck the check box, press "Apply changes", and uninstall the tool.
Regarding exclusions, please, check the following articles: