Restore premium account on new device

On my old Android phone I had a premium version of KEY installed.
Now the old phone has died and I want my passwords back on my new Android phone.

Unfortunately syncing data between devices is not an option as the old phone died.
I installed the KEY app on the new phone,  went to "Enter Premium Voucher" and inserted my voucher code. I expected the app to recognize my code and provide me with access to my stored passwords, so i could import them to my new Android phone. Unfortunately I get this error message: 
Voucher can't be validated, code is already in use or expired.

How can I solve this problem and get my passwords back ??
Kind regards,

Michel

Comments

• LakshLaksh Posts: 4,432 Community Manager

Hi Michel,

Do you have any other devices synced with your old phone? If yes, you can sync your passwords through the other device.

F-Secure KEY Premium is an additional service in F-Secure KEY that allows you to connect devices and sync your KEY data.

• Michel73Michel73 Posts: 3

Hi Laksh,

I have no other devices synced with the old phone. I upgraded to premium as I thought it would back up my passwords to the F-secure servers, so I wouldn't need to sync with any other devices.

For now my first question is how do I succesfully insert my voucher code on the new phone? That is not possible as the voucher code is being rejected on the new phone. 

• LakshLaksh Posts: 4,432 Community Manager

Hi Michel,

If you have no synced devices, it is not possible to retrieve the passwords. In the future, you can always sync your passwords with your connected devices if you have KEY Premium.

Please get in touch with our support team via chat or phone here in order to get a new voucher for KEY Premium.

• Michel73Michel73 Posts: 3

Hi Laksh,

I realy assumed that a premium account provided a backup service so all my passwords would be backuped on a F-secure server, in case I would loose my phone.
    It is very disapointing to learn that F-secure does not make any backups. It means that I now have lost all the passwords stored on my old phone. I regret to have bougt premium for 2 years, as I don't see the added value of KEY when no backups are being made..

This discussion has been closed.