Bug? Autofill on browsers works only with add-on.

After the last fall autofill on browsers works only with add-on and it works only if I have added webbsite to 

Comments

• UkkoUkko Posts: 2,997 Superuser

Hello,

Maybe it is expected view and designed situation.

But good to re-check some points:

->> Does your F-Secure KEY (Windows?!) with enabled options for "Autofill browsers"?

And with disabled option for "System autofill"?

If yes -> your situation is expected view.

Thanks!

• Hi!

I have both options enabled.

Hello,

I created another reply with your another topic.

But does it possible to clarify -> both options are enabled.

And then -> CTRL+F2 is not work? Does it with all browsers (or, for example, only with certain ones)?

Sorry that I did not re-check it with my own experience. I'm also only F-Secure user -> and I not so often do use F-Secure KEY and not with current machine.

Thanks!

• Yes, I have both options enabled. CTLR+ F2 worked earlier on browsers but not any more. CTRL + F2 works on other softwares.

Ukko

@Tapsa99 wrote:

Yes, I have both options enabled. CTLR+ F2 worked earlier on browsers but not any more. CTRL + F2 works on other softwares.

Hello,

So, I'm not sure how it should work (and how it was recently).

I tried next:

-> Windows 10, latest F-Secure KEY, some browsers (this ones with support -> Firefox only);

Results:

-> CTRL+F2 probably indeed work wrongly. But it was possible to fill with certain forms.

And probably with most of forms was possible to use "CTRL+F2" with next view: "CTRL+F2" -- then with 'SHIFT+certain_entry" (for login) or "CTRL+certain_entry" (for password) related content is filled.

Just as potential ask -> does such 'direct' filling data to form (with "CTRL_or_SHIFT+certain_entry" under CTRL+F2 menu)  is work with your experience? Or these 'steps' also with broken view?

Anyway -> I think that maybe good to receive official clarification (maybe Community Manages with abilities to do so).

There is such knowledgebase-article:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-KEY/The-KEY-autofill-functionality/ta-p/82919

With potential sounds that addon is required for proper autoflling with supported browsers.

Thanks!

• LakshLaksh Posts: 4,432 Community Manager

Hi Tapsa99,

As mentioned in this KB article, to automatically fill KEY usernames and passwords in Chrome or Firefox, you need to enable the browser autofill function from KEY settings and install KEY extension or add-on on your selected browser.

• Hi Laskh!

I have installed KEY on my pc and I have enabled the browser autofill function from KEY settings and I have also installed add-on on Firefox and Chrome.

This discussion has been closed.