KEY on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

Hi all,

does anybody know if KEY (Android) is compatible with Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P900)?

Tried all the "HOW TO´s" and Tipps. But nothing is working for me.

If You have any idea, please help.

Rgds

Manfred

Comments

• UkkoUkko Posts: 2,988 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

But I able to think that maybe it should be compatible (?!).

Does there any thoughts why device can be not compatible with F-Secure KEY?

F-Secure KEY requirement about Android-platform is "Android 4.0 and later";

About potential troubles with UI (width/height/font-size) -> most likely that this concern can be valid (but maybe F-Secure KEY with abilities to fix/tweak it - if it will be known for them).

OR does your experience already about troubles with F-Secure KEY under this device? Does it about launch/use it; Or certain troubles with sync (as Premium-subscription)?

Thanks!

Näsäviisas
  • Ja, as I said before I cant get it to work. It does not fill any Forms.

I have loadet F-Secure Key for Android, have loadet the App into Firefox and have enabled the KEY keyboard.

And ... nothing happened.

Ukko

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user.

So, application itself works.

But autofill/autocomplete-feature is not working.

I tried next steps with my device (just as try to re-check that it should work with random device):

F-Secure KEY keyboard is enabled under device's settings (and checked).

Then while F-Secure KEY is unlocked and active (at background) -> with F-Secure Safe Browser (part of F-Secure SAFE) as example:

I visited community.f-secure.com and choose "Login".

Then I did steps like: choose username-field and under default keyboard was possible switch to F-Secure KEY Keyboard.

Then it was possible to use noted abilities (Usr&Pwd; Usr; Pwd; and certain entry from Key).

With my own experience - both field are filled.

I will try to re-check it with Firefox later.

But possible to try contact direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat as example):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

As request about clarification for this certain device compatibility.

Thanks!

Maenne
  • when i look at the firefox addon it say always:

F secure key is not running or the option to autofill is not activated.Start KEY or enable autofii in your browser.

thks for reply

Ukko
  • @Maenne

Thanks for good advice @Ukko.
    I found, that there have been problems with so called KitKat-version (Android), when using within F-Secure apps.
    Is it so, that Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 has this KitKat-version?
    Is it so too, that in this Galaxy model, is not used the basic Android, but some kind of developed version?
    When I searched info about Galaxy Note Pro,
    I read such news.
    Sync does not work between Key/your device < REASON???
    This is only speculating.
    Have you Maenne any other device to test, if Key works?

Näsäviisas

Ukko
  • No, ist has Lollipop (5.0.2).

But as always with Samsung not the original Stock Version.

Will try to find another device for testing.

Thks

Maenne

UkkoNäsäviisas

@Maenne wrote:

when i look at the firefox addon it say always:

F secure key is not running or the option to autofill is not activated.Start KEY or enable autofii in your browser.

thks for reply

Hello,

I tried with Firefox (but this browser is not work well with my device). Partly it was possible to use F-Secure KEY autofill-feature.

But your words about "Addon" --> I'm not sure if Firefox for Android is also designed to be used with F-Secure Key extension (for desktops). And this notification is more valid for desktop-view (when Key is closed);

While with Android-platform -> addon is not required maybe (!?).

Basically, I'm not friendly with both of meanings: Android platform and F-Secure Key under Android-platform with Firefox. So, I'm not sure what if addon should work there too.

Maybe good to receive more feedback from experienced KEY users; Or some of official clarification about autofill design under Android platform with Firefox.

// I tried to re-check it with my device (does it possible to install addon for Firefox) - but Firefox is crashed always during try to open ?! something.

Thanks!

Näsäviisas
  • LakshLaksh Posts: 4,431 Community Manager

Hi Maenne,

As @Ukko has mentioned in his last post, the addon for Firefox is seen in desktops as mentioned in this article.

As seen in this article, for Android, it uses the KEY keyboard to fill in the text. What happens when you switch to the KEY keyboard?

Ukko
  • @Laksh 

As y said earlier i get the following message:

"F secure key is not running or the option to autofill is not activated.Start KEY or enable autofii in your browser."

This discussion has been closed.