Remove F-Secure key

Hey!

How do I remove the F-Secure Key complete from my Imac mini. I have read the topic on Faq:s but i dosen't work for me. I tried to write the the same commandoline as in the topic but it just says that it dosen't excist. I have to find and remove the file where F-Secure Key saves the passwords. It's the only way for me to get it to work. Now it won't sync with my other devices and it shows I have 144 password though I have only 28 and I can't remove them.

Thanks 

Rikard

Comments

• @Ritchi

First I had to recognize, that I never used Apples products. But I know unix and windows and I have used command prompt.
    So, I try to help in this case.

I read the same How-to-note.
    - remove application
    - remove local storage< containing logs and passwords
    - I don't know your mac, but if there in command prompt works such win-commands as:
    dir > listing files and folders
    cd.. > backwords
    cd foldername > forwards
    - find the right folder by this way?
    - find the files
    - rm means remove, be careful with *
    - in the How-to-note: applications/F-Secure, there ought to be key.app.
    But local storage in library/application support/F-Secure folder

Näsäviisas

Ukko
  • UkkoUkko Posts: 3,017 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

So, you did use next article:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-KEY/How-can-I-remove-F-Secure-KEY/ta-p/81248

And tried next commands under Terminal (?):

rm -r "/Applications/F-Secure key.app"

and for localstorage:

rm -r "~/Library/Application Support/F-Secure/Pwmgr

But does it possible with Mac --> re-check 'folders' under filesystem?! and does both of commands with such output ("Doesn't exist")?

Maybe it should be "F-Secure KEY.app" under first remove-command (where currently "F-Secure key.app").

Not sure about Mac-design, but sounds as strange situation. Because you did remove localstorage (all passwords and probably 'premium'-subscription from device), but your experience about passwords under list anyway?!

Does Mac-platform do support something as reinstallation? If yes -> maybe possible to try do it with latest F-Secure Key installer.

If previous suggestion-reply (or some of next suggestions) will be not helpful -> maybe possible to try direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat/phone):
    https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Because "F-Secure KEY" is listed under 'options' (at least, because there multiple troubles: uninstallation; sync-device; stuck with passwords under UI).

Thanks!

Näsäviisas
  • I tried those but problem is to get the password file deleted. The program I can delete but it dosen’t help. When I install it again it find the old password file and same problem appears again. With all the password I haven’t saved and can’t delete.

@Ritchi wrote:

I tried those but problem is to get the password file deleted. The program I can delete but it dosen’t help. When I install it again it find the old password file and same problem appears again. With all the password I haven’t saved and can’t delete.

Hello,

So, if not possible to remove/delete localstorage from Pwmgr folder...

Can be an option to contact direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat as example, when chat is available):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Because it will be useful:

--> Support Agents with abilities to provide certified remote help (if required);

--> Support Agents shoudl to re-check 'actual'-status of Knowledgebase article and instructions.

Thanks!

• I  can’t find the file. Have used Ios for just a few months. Now how to delete the program but dosen’t now where I can find the files. Because you dosen’t have My computer as in Windows where you can see all files. In Win it solved my problem when I deleted the file and installed the program after that,

@Ritchi wrote:

I  can’t find the file. Have used Ios for just a few months. Now how to delete the program but dosen’t now where I can find the files. Because you dosen’t have My computer as in Windows where you can see all files. In Win it solved my problem when I deleted the file and installed the program after that,

Yes.. and I able to think that this is main reason for "Terminal"-design under Knowledgebase article.

I did small search with Google about "Library/Application Support" (how to get it on Mac).

Some of resources:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3927188?tstart=0

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/494812

Does it possible to locate/find this folder and "F-Secure/Pwmgr" there? If yes -> it should be folder with localstorage-file. If not -> so knowledgebase article is not actual already.

Thanks!

Näsäviisas
  • I made Google search:
    How to use Mac- command prompt.
    And I was so happy, that there are Unix-commands.
    I like Unix-operating system. 😊
    Some points I found in internet:
    - application (Key) is no longer running, when using command prompt
    - logging in to Terminal > command prompt
    - ls command listing files and folders
    - rm " removes file
    - cd .. backwards, cd folder name
    - if you have used Unix, this is familiar

I hope, that you are able to get on!
    Näsäviisas

• LakshLaksh Posts: 4,434 Community Manager

Hi Ritchi,

If you are still not able to find the file under the suggested location in the KB article, kindly get in touch with our support team here to investigate this further. Our support team would troubleshoot further to check what's the issue.

Ukko
  • Hi

I got the program deleted with the commando but when I tried to delete the password file it says that it dosen’t excist. 

• I start using the Apple Keychain access when I can't get a solution on my problem.

This discussion has been closed.