When installing an F-Secure Elements Endpoint Protection product (Elements EPP for Computer or for Servers), user encounters an error about the subscription key they are trying to use:
- Error: "You cannot use the subscription key you entered for this computer anymore. If you need a new subscription key, contact your administrator."
This is most likely due to the Elements Endpoint Protection product having been installed on the computer before using the same subscription key and at some point the machine has been removed from the Elements Endpoint Protection portal. This adds the machine to a block list to prevent the software from automatically re-registering to the portal if the software is still installed after the machine is removed from the portal. To reinstall the product using the same subscription key on that computer, you need to first restore the devices from the blocklist for that subscription key:
This releases all the devices from the blocklist for that specific subscription key. Now the subscription key can be used again on that same computer.
- Log in to the Elements Endpoint Protection portal
- Open the Subscriptions page
- Choose the subscription key which you are trying to use and click on the "triple dot button" on the right side of the page
- Click on Restore devices from blocklist
Article no: 000001257