I have an issue with Software Updater for Elements EPP for Servers where two updates are not auto-updating due to the status "Excluded from the automatic installation", even though both these updates are not excluded in the Software Updater list of the Profile Setting assigned to the servers.
When Microsoft updates are installing from both Software Updater (SWUP) and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), it can cause possible conflict.
You can choose from the following options:
- Install updates manually from the Elements Endpoint Protection portal
- Disable WSUS setup
- Enable WSUS override. Steps:
- Login to Elements Endpoint Protection portal
- Go to Profiles and select the profile to amend
- Under Software Updater enable "If WSUS is in use, both Software Updater and WSUS install Microsoft updates"
- Exclude the selected updates even from scanning on the portal so these updates are not seen, and just let WSUS manage these updates.
Article no: 000015728