How can I block the download of a specific file type, for example MP4 or EXE, with Elements Endpoint Protection (EPP for Computers or EPP for Servers)?
EPP for Computers and EPP for Servers have the Browsing Protection feature called Content Type Filtering, which can be used to block specific content types.
Note: The content type filtering is only performed if F-Secure Security Cloud does not recognize the website address (URL) the content originates from.
- Log in to Elements Endpoint Protection Portal
- Go to the Profiles page
- Select the Profile to modify
- Go to the Browsing Protection settings
- Click Add Content Type filter:
- Content Type: application/*mp4*
- Filename: *.mp4
- Description: Block MP4 file
- Click Save and Publish
Article no: 000023331