How to block or allow (exclude) websites with the Elements Endpoint Protection Browsing protection feature,
Can it also be done using the local F-Secure client user interface without having to do so from the Elements Endpoint Protection portal?
Follow the steps below to either block a website or allow it through the Endpoint Protection device profile:
Follow the steps below to either block a website or allow it through the local F-Secure Elements Agent user interface
- Log in to the Elements Endpoint Protection Portal
- Go to the Profiles page
- Select the profile you want to edit
- Go to the Browsing protection settings page
- Scroll down to the Web site exceptions section and enable it
- In the Sites section, click Add site under either Allowed sites or Denied sites depending on which you want to do
- Add the website URL address
- Click Save and publish
Note: Make sure you have administrator privileges to the computer, since modifying settings requires administrator level access.
- Open the F-Secure Elements Agent and go to Settings
- Go to the Secure Browsing tab
- Click View website exceptions (you will be prompted for the admin user name and password)
- Select the Allowed or Denied tab
- Click Add...
- Enter the website's URL and click OK
Article no: 000029771