Features in F-Secure Elements EPP for Computers
F-Secure Elements EPP for Computers includes a set of features, such as Device Control and the capability to deliver upgrades without a need to restart the computer. It also includes F-Secure DataGuard, Application Control 2.0, and firewall protection capabilities.
F-Secure Elements EPP for Computers uses the default Windows rule engine to execute F-Secure Firewall rules rather than executing firewall rules with a separate component. This approach offers the following enhancements:
- It increases compatibility with appliances such as email, web, firewall, or VPN gateways, including UTMs.
- It increases compatibility with business applications such as Salesforce and ServiceNow.
- It increases compatibility with any SIEM, RMM, or any other 3rd party auditing, logging, or monitoring tool.
- It allows us to provide a broader set of configurable options, such as using the service name or application path. Additionally, we can provide better IPV6 support.
- It allows us to focus on building additional intelligence and value-added firewall security capabilities.
- It simplifies the network topology and reduces the amount of required configurations.
The F-Secure Expert ruleset, executed by the Windows rules engine, contains an extensive list of advanced rules created by our penetration testers. These provide increased protection against various threats; for example, self-propagating ransomware and lateral movement from one client to another. The administrator can create or extend the rulesets to tackle company and context-specific threats.