How can I exclude certain software updates from the Software Updater in
In F-Secure Elements Endpoint Protection, you can exclude Microsoft and Java software updates from our Software Updater by using a keyword and a Bulletin ID.
Note: Exclusions only apply to manual updates.
If you do not already have a profile, create one by cloning your default profile.
To exclude Microsoft and Java software updates:
- In the F-Secure Elements Endpoint Protection portal, go to Profiles, and select the profile you want to modify.
- Select Software updater.
- Under Exclude software from automatic installation, select Add software. The service pack is optional.
- Enter the details for the update that you want to exclude. You can enter the following parameters:
For example: If you enter "
- PRODUCT - the name that matches the software or product name
- BULLETIN - the bulletin ID of the software update
- PATCH - the patch name
- SEVERITY - indicates the level of severity (0-4)
BULLETIN=MS14-045", the MS14-045 update is excluded from automatic installation. If you enter "
PRODUCT=Windows 7; BULLETIN=MS14-045", the MS14-045 update is excluded on Windows 7 hosts only.
Note: Use a comma separated string with parameter-value pairs (
=;=) to define the software that you want to exclude in the "Software" column.
- Click Save and Publish to save the change and distribute the policy.
Any updates for software matching the entered text, selected software name, or bulletin ID is now excluded from automatic installation.