How do I install the browsing protection extension for Safari?
This article in other languages: Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Polish.
The browsing protection features need a browser extension to work properly. To install the browser extension on Safari:
- Click on the product icon in the menu bar.
- Click Preferences. Make sure that the Browsing protection tab is open.
- Click Install browser extension. The Browsing protection installation window opens.
- From the Choose your browser drop-down, select Safari and click Install now. The *.safariextz file is downloaded to your downloads folder.
- Double-click the file and follow the instructions shown on the screen.
- To confirm the installation of the extension, click Trust.
Once the installation of the browsing protection extension is completed, the browsing protection protects you against harmful web sites. Also, when you make a web search, the search result ratings will be shown to you to help you avoid harmful sites.