How do I install the browsing protection extension for Firefox on a Mac computer?
This article in other languages: Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Polish.
The browsing protection features need a browser extension to work properly. To install the browser extension on Firefox:
- Click on the product icon in the menu bar.
- Click Preferences. Make sure that the Browsing protection tab is open.
- Click Install browser extension. The Browsing protection installation window opens.
- From the Choose your browser drop-down, select Firefox and click Install now.
- To complete the installation, click Restart to restart Firefox.
- On the Install Add-on page, click first Allow this installation and then click Continue. You have successfully installed the browsing protection extension for this browser.
Once the installation of the browsing protection extension is completed, the browsing protection protects you against harmful web sites. Also, when you make a web search, the search result ratings will be shown to you to help you avoid harmful sites.