Using the Policy Manager for Linux Database Recovery Tool (Version 10.00 and later)
<A href="https://download.f-secure.com/support/tools/pm/recovery-tool/fspm-recovery-tool-12.10.42001-cf555fd0.zip" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">https://download.f-secure.com/support/tools/pm/recovery-tool/fspm-recovery-tool-12.10.42001-cf555fd0.zip</A>
<A href="https://download.f-secure.com/support/tools/pm/recovery-tool/README" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">https://download.f-secure.com/support/tools/pm/recovery-tool/README</A>
Depending on which recovery information you want to use:
- Recovery DB with all data from default DB directory of PM
- Recovery DB with all data from specific corrupt DB directory
fspms-db-recover -curDir=<corrupt-db-dir> <recovered-db-dir>
- Recovery DB without Scanning Reports
fspms-db-recover -noReports <recovered-db-dir>
- Recovery DB without Alerts
fspms-db-recover -noAlerts <recovered-db-dir>
- Recovery DB without Scanning Reports and Alerts from the custom database directory
fspms-db-recover -noReports -noAlerts -curDir=<corrupt-db-dir> <recovered-db-dir>
- Recovery DB without Scanning Reports and Alerts from default DB directory of PM
fspms-db-recover -noReports -noAlerts <recovered-db-dir>
At the output, the
- Valid H2 database files;
- Management keypair admin.pub/admin.prv with the password 'password'.
The result of the recovery operation is written into the file named 'recovery.log' in the current directory.
fspms-db-recover -curDir=/tmp/h2db /tmp/h2db-recovered
fspms-db-recover -noAlerts -curDir=/tmp/h2db /tmp/h2db-recovered
Notes and issues
- Always use the recovery tool provided with your installation of Policy Manager. If you are using Policy Manager version 12.00 or older, you can download the tool from our ftp server (see above). The recovery tool automatically identifies the version of Policy Manager. If it is unable to identify the Policy Manager version and recover the database, please contact F-Secure support.
- When recovering the database from the default directory (no
-curDirparameter is specified), Policy Manager Server must be stopped before running the tool.
- In some cases, the database is broken so badly that it can't be opened at all. In this case, the 'recovery.log' file will contain an error message similar to the following:
org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not get JDBC Connection;
Unfortunately, this indicates that there's no way to recover this database.
- In other cases, some of the vital tables cannot be recovered automatically. However, there's still a chance to rescue the data from those tables manually. In this case, please contact F-Secure support.
Please submit any issues you might be facing to F-Secure support according to the support contact information available in your License Agreement.