How do I know that my F-Secure SAFE product is working?
This article in other languages: Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Polish.
Once F-Secure SAFE is installed correctly, the product works silently in the background. To see that your F-Secure SAFE product is working, there are a few things you can do.
- Check the security status by opening up F-Secure SAFE on either your computer or mobile device. You know your computer or device is protected when you see the tick symbol on a green background with the text: "Your computer/device is protected". To learn more about the product's security status, see Protection status icons in F-Secure Help Center.
- Check your subscription status. An expired subscription does not protect you. The product informs you automatically if your subscription is nearing expiry or has expired. To renew your subscription, see the following articles:
- View the SAFE statistics to see what the product has done since installation.
- For Mobile: Navigate to the Statistics page.
- For Windows: Click on the counter at the bottom of the product to reveal more information.
- For Mac: Right-click on the product icon in the menu bar, and select Infection report....