How do I remove conflicting security products manually on a PC?
This discussion has a more recent version.
This article in other languages: Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Polish.
Note: Different Windows version may have slight variations in the steps.
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features (for Windows 10, 8, 7), or Uninstall a Program (for Windows Vista).
- Locate the security product you want to remove. Right-click it, and select Uninstall/Change. The User Account Control may appear, type in your administrative credentials, and click Yes.
- When the setup window appears, follow the instructions on screen to uninstall the security product.
- When asked, restart your computer to complete the full uninstallation of the product.