Can I connect to my local networked devices when F-Secure FREEDOME is turned on?
Different operating systems may require special action in order to connect to your local networked devices.
Yes. You can set the local Wi-Fi network that you are connected to as a trusted network to allow connections to other devices within the local network. From within the app:
- Tap the Menu icon in the top-left corner.
- Tap Settings, and Under Connection & Status, tap Trusted WiFi networks.
- Select your WiFi network, and tap OK.
Yes. You can directly connect to your devices without any special action required from you.
For PC and Mac
Yes, but you may be required to change your computer's hosts file manually.If you have turned on the automatic killswitch setting, you also need to set your WiFi network as trusted. Do this as follows:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select Allow connections to other devices in trusted networks under the killswitch setting.
- Select your WiFi network from the list.
- Select Save.