What is wrong when F-Secure FREEDOME gives an IPv6 error message?
FREEDOME issues the following error message:
Your encrypted VPN connection cannot be created because of issues with network configuration (netsh.exe fails). Please check that you have IPv6 traffic enabled.
If you get this error message, IPv6 is likely disabled on your computer.
To fix the issue:
- Enable IPv6 on your computer:
- Go to Start > Control Panel.
- In the search box (in the top-right corner), type in
adapter. Under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.
- Right-click on your network connection, and click Properties, and enter your administrator password when prompted.
- Select the check box next to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
- Click OK.
- There seems to be a problem with some Windows versions regarding IPv6. Your Windows network properties may show IPv6 enabled, but in reality, it is still in a disabled state for some reason. To fix this, edit the Windows Registry with the standard Windows registry editor REGEDIT.EXE:
- Click the Start button.
- In the search box, type in
regedit.exe, and press Enter.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6\Parameters.
- If it has DisabledComponents of type DWORD and value
ff, then your TCPIP6 is disabled. Change value to
0to enable IPv6.
- After changing this, reboot the computer for the setting to take effect.