How do I store a new password in F-Secure KEY on my mobile device?
This article describes how you can store new passwords in F-Secure KEY on a mobile device.
To store a new password:
- Open the F-Secure KEY app.
- Tap the plus icon. The Add new window opens.
- Tap Password. The Add new page opens.
- In the Title field, give your entry a descriptive name.
- Tap the edit icon to select a background color and a symbol for your entry. Once done, confirm your selection by tapping the check mark (or Done).
Note: Depending on the symbol you choose, the fields that follow may vary.
- In the Username field, enter the username that you use for the website or service.
- In the Password field, do one of the following:
- Create a password. We recommend using only strong passwords.
- Tap the dice icon to let KEY generate a strong, random password for you. When you are satisfied with the password, tap the check mark (or Done).
Note: Tap the closed eye icon if you want to hide your password.
- In the Web address field, enter the web address (URL) of the log-in page of the online service.
Tip: Add the web address to your entry for quick access to the site. In the KEY main view, you can then click on your color-coded symbol to go directly to the website.
- In the Notes field, type in any additional information you may have.
- To save the entry, tap the check mark (or Done). The new credentials have now been added to KEY.
Important: If you change or generate a password in KEY, remember also to change your password in the web service or application.
In addition to passwords, you can also save social security numbers, credit card numbers, PIN & PUK codes, and WiFi and WLAN keys as entries in KEY.