How do I install F-Secure SAFE on my Mac?
This article in other languages: Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Polish.
Before you start installing F-Secure SAFE, make sure that:
- Your Mac OS is up to date.
- You have uninstalled incompatible software(s) from another vendor.
- You are logged on to your computer with administrative rights.
- You have an active My F-Secure account. To create an account, see article How to create an account for My F-Secure?
- You have an internet connection.
Note: These steps are to install F-Secure SAFE onto the computer you are currently using.
- Log in to My F-Secure with your account username and password.
- In My F-Secure, select TOTAL apps in the top bar.
- On the My F-Secure dashboard, select SAFE.
- Select Add device. The Whose device do you want to protect? window appears.
- Select My device, and then select Continue. The Choose device type window appears.
- Select This computer, and then select Download for Mac.
- Depending on your browser:
- The installer file downloads automatically; or
- You are asked to save the file. If prompted, select Save File.
- When the download is done, open your download folder and run the installer. The setup wizard appears.
- On the Install F-Secure SAFE Introduction page, select Continue.
- Select for whom you'd like to install F-Secure SAFE, and then select Continue.
- On the Installation Type page, select Install. You may be required to enter your administrator password. Type in your administrator password and select Install software.
- On the Activate window, select Continue to activate. Type in your administrator password again to allow F-Secure to make some changes.
- F-Secure SAFE prompts you to install Browsing Protection. Select your internet browser from the drop down menu, and then select Install now.
- As the installation process may vary from browser to browser, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the Browsing Protection installation.
F-Secure SAFE is now installed on your device, and your device is protected.