How do I turn on Parental Control on my child's Android device?
This article in other languages: Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Polish.
Note: This article only applies to Android devices running F-Secure Mobile Security.
- On your child's mobile device, open the F-Secure Mobile Security app.
- Select Parental Control.
- Select the Parental Control slider to switch it on.
- Select Continue, and if you have not activated the device administrator, select Activate.
- Set a security code by entering it twice, then select Continue.
- Type in an email address, so that we can send you reset instructions in case you forget your security code, then select Continue. Note: As this is your child's device, use your own email address to get the required reset instructions.
- If you have not enabled the accessibility service for F-Secure Mobile Security, the Turn on accessibility page appears. Select Continue to access the device's Accessibility settings page.
- Under Installed services, select F-Secure Mobile Security, and select the slider to enable it.
- Select OK.
Parental Control is now turned on. You can now start limiting time, type of contents, and apps on your child's device.