How do I install F-Secure SAFE on my Android device?
This discussion has a more recent version.
This article in other languages: Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Polish.
Before you start installing F-Secure SAFE, make sure that:
- You have the latest Android version installed.
- You have an active My F-Secure account. To create an account, see article How to create an account for My F-Secure?
- You have an internet connection.
- On your Android device, open Play Store, and search for F-Secure SAFE.
- On the results page, select F-Secure SAFE.
- Select Install.
- Once done, select Open to start the set-up.
- Select Accept and continue to accept the terms and conditions. Tick the box if you want to allow the app to collect anonymous data to improve the service.
- Do the following:
- In the Allow F-Secure SAFE to make and manage phone calls? window, select Allow;
- In the Allow F-Secure SAFE to access device's location? window, select Allow.
- In the Allow F-Secure SAFE to access photos, media and files on your device window, select Allow;
- Select Log in, and type in your My F-Secure credentials. If you don’t have a valid F-Secure SAFE or TOTAL subscription, select Create account to create an account.
- Select Continue. An overview of the protection features available with your account appears.
- Select Finish.
F-Secure SAFE is now installed on your device, and your device is protected.
When you log in to your My F-Secure account, you can see which devices you have F-Secure SAFE installed on.