Allowing file sharing with F-Secure firewall turned on
This article describes how you can allow file sharing with F-Secure firewall turned on.
To allow file sharing:
- Open the product main user interface.
- On the main page, click Settings.
- Select Network connections > Firewall.
- On the Rules tab, click Add. The Add New Rule dialog opens.
- Enter a name for this rule.
- Select Allow as the rule type and click Next.
- Selecting the IP address or IP address range for the rule:
- Click Custom.
- Click Edit.
- Enter the IP range you want to allow.
- Click Add to list.
- Select the following services for the rule:
- IGMP/Internet Group Management Protocol
- Windows file sharing and network printers
- Windows network browsing
- SMB over TCP/IP (TCP)
- SMB over TCP/IP (UDP)
- Select the direction of the traffic - both inbound and outbound - by clicking the icon in the Direction column so that a double-headed arrow is visible.
- Select the alerting type and click Next. The summary of the rule you are about to create is displayed.
- Validate the rule by clicking Finish.
You can add this rule also in PMC (Policy Manager Console) in advanced mode: In the Policy tab, under F-Secure Internet Shield, select Settings > Rules.