What do I do if my F-Secure security product does not work after upgrading to Windows 10?
- Your F-Secure security product does not start up.
- On your computer, you can't find the F-Secure security product icon in the system tray at the bottom of the screen.
- Your F-Secure security product does not show up in the list of installed apps and features in Settings > Systems > Apps & features.
- You will see the following error message:
The setup cannot continue, because some important files are missing.
If this happens, it means that the Windows 10 upgrade has unfortunately removed some of the F-Secure security software components, and the product fails to start up as it should.
To get your F-Secure security product working normally again, the F-Secure security product needs to be removed from your computer, and the product reinstalled. To do this:
- Download and run the Uninstallation Tool for Windows. You can download the tool here. The instructions for the Uninstallation Tool for Windows are here.
- Reinstall the F-Secure security product on your computer. You can download the product from the F-Secure website or from your My F-Secure account, depending on your subscription.