How can I exclude certain software updates from the Software Updater in PSB?
In Protection Service for Business (PSB), you can exclude Microsoft and Java software updates from our Software Updater by using a keyword and a Bulletin ID.
Note: Exclusions only apply to manual updates.
If you do not already have a profile, create one by cloning your default profile.
To exclude Microsoft and Java software updates:
- In PSB, go to Profiles, and select the profile you want to modify.
- Select Software updater.
- Under Exclude software from automatic installation, select Add software. The service pack is optional.
- Enter the details for the update that you want to exclude. You can enter the following parameters:
- PRODUCT - the name that matches the software or product name
- BULLETIN - the bulletin ID of the software update
- PATCH - the patch name
- SEVERITY - indicates the level of severity (0-4)
BULLETIN=MS14-045", the MS14-045 update is excluded from automatic installation. If you enter "
PRODUCT=Windows 7; BULLETIN=MS14-045", the MS14-045 update is excluded on Windows 7 hosts only.
Note: Use a comma separated string with parameter-value pairs (
=;=) to define the software that you want to exclude in the "Software" column.
- Click Save and Publish to save the change and distribute the policy.