How can I limit the time my child spends on the PC using Parental Controls?
Want to keep a closer eye on how much time your child spends on their device? Read on and find out how to limit the time your child uses on their device via Parental Controls.
Note: Before setting up time limits, first turn on Parental Controls in the product. Find the instructions on how to set up Parental Controls here.
This scenario assumes that your child either has their own computer or they have a separate Windows account on a family computer.
- Log in to the computer.
- Open Internet Security.
- Access the settings:
- Go to the bottom of the main product view that has the text: You can change these from settings, and select the settings link.
- Enter your admin settings, if required, and select Yes. This opens the settings for Parental controls.
- On the left pane, select Device use limits.
- Specify when during the day your child can be on the computer; for example, 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening before bedtime.
- Specify the total number of hours per day.
Note: When the time limit is reached for the day, the computer is locked.
- Click OK to confirm the settings.