How can I block web pages by their content using Parental Controls?
Looking for a way to protect your family from websites containing inappropriate content? Stay safe and activate Content Blocker.
Note: Before setting up content blocking, first turn on Parental Controls in the product. Find the instructions on how to turn on Parental Controls here.
This article assumes that your child either has their own computer or they have a separate Windows account on a family computer.
- Log in to the computer.
- Open Internet Security.
- Access the settings:
- Go to the bottom of the main product view that has the text: You can change these from settings, and select the settings link.
- Enter your admin settings, if required, and select Yes. This opens the settings for Parental controls.
- On the left pane, select Content blocker.
- Block web pages by content type:
- Select Block web content.
- Select the checkbox next to the content types that you wish to block for the user.
- Allow access only to certain web pages:
- Select Allow only selected web sites.
- Click Add... and enter the web address you want to allow for the user. Click OK. Repeat this step to add more to the list.
- Click OK to confirm the settings.