How can I perform a full computer scan?
Use the full computer scan when you want to be completely sure that there is no malware or riskware on your computer. This type of scan is the longest, and combines the virus scan, as well as the hard drive scan. It also checks for items that are possibly hidden by a rootkit.
- Open the F-Secure security product.
- On the main page, select Settings.
The Settings page opens.
Note: You need administrative rights to access the below settings.
- Select Scanning settings, then under Manual scanning:
- Uncheck Scan only known file types (faster) to scan all files.
- Select Scan inside compressed files (slower) to scan files that are inside compressed archive files, for example zip files.
- Close the settings and back on the main page, select Tools > Virus scan options > Full computer scan.
Tip: If there are malware files that were not cleaned or dealt with, or if certain legitimate files and applications are considered a potential risk, you can submit a sample to our malware team.