How do I install F-Secure Internet Security or Anti-Virus on my PC?
This discussion has a more recent version.
This article in other languages: Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Polish.
Before you start installing F-Secure Internet Security or Anti-Virus, make sure that:
- Your Windows is up to date.
- You have uninstalled incompatible software(s) from another vendor.
- You are logged on to your computer with administrative rights.
- You have an Internet connection.
- Go to the Download F-Secure Products page.
- Find your product from the page, and click Download for Windows.
- Depending on your browser:
- The installer file downloads automatically; or
- You are asked to save the file. If prompted, click Save file.
- Press Ctrl + J on your keyboard to open the download folder and find the file.
- Depending on the product you want to install, double-click the installer file to run it:
- F-SecureNetworkInstaller-IS.exe (F-Secure Internet Security)
- F-SecureNetworkInstaller-AV.exe (F-Secure Anti-Virus)
- Once the installation setup window opens, select Accept and continue.
Note: The product automatically detects your default system language and sets the product to the same language. If you want to change the language to your preferred language, select the language via the top-left drop-down menu.
- When prompted, type in your subscription key (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) and select Next to finish the installation.
- Make sure that you use the correct subscription key. If you have a multi-user subscription, you can enter the same subscription key on multiple Windows PC. For single subscription key, each Windows PC should use a separate subscription key.
- If a message appears on screen stating all licenses have already been used, click on the Re-use license to move an existing license to this computer.
Allow the product to complete the installation. The installation takes a minute or so (depending on your Internet connection speed), and once installed, your computer is protected.